Monday, June 20, 2011

Twig Tea

I believe this is my first blog about tea.  Hmm.  Tea is a huge part of my life.  I've never been much of a coffee drinker, but hot and iced tea have always been favorite drinks of mine.  I only drink about 4 soft drinks a year, lemonade tends to give me heartburn, and I don't ever touch alcohol of any kind.  So, tea and water are just about it for me.

I've found a grocery store that I enjoy in Bloomington called Sahara Mart.  I try to go organic and healthy when I can (or when the mood strikes me).  I was at SM on Friday and spent some time oogling their tea selection (yes, one whole side of an aisle is dedicated to the beverage).  I picked up two new kinds along with an old favorite.  One of the new teas, Twig Tea, caugh my eye because of its unusual name.

Twig tea is...a bold flavored tea.  It's made from the twigs, stems, and leaves of the Japanese tea plant.  It almost has a wood flavor (duh) to it.  It'll definitely be on my "buy again" list.  You should try it for yourself...

Yummy Twig Tea



No comments:

Post a Comment