Sunday, November 7, 2010

Union

Yesterday was a day for friends and family.  My very good friend, Sandy, and I went to Jasper.  We ate at the "new" Los Bravos and shopped. 

That evening, I did something I'd never done and had been wanting to do forever. I ate at the Union Store (Sullivan's Grocery).  Now, this may not seem like a milestone for anyone but me, but the last time I attempted to sample their wares, the power went out.  I had been soooo excited to eat there and couldn't!! This time, I got to try their bacon cheeseburger.  YUM. I was also blessed to spend the meal with my cousin, her guy, and two dear friends, one of whom traveled up from Murfreesboro, TN.  (Not for the meal, for other reasons. :) )  We talked, ate, laughed, and watched Zenyatta lose the race by a nose (literally!).

Afterwards, I visited my Gma and Gpa Sutton.

All in all, it was a very good day.
The Union Store (Sullivan's Grocery)

Such a nice, homey place!

Twirly eating his Drumstick and so kindly paying for our meals.

Our happy (and full) group!

2 comments:

  1. Chris use to eat lunch there quit often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds fun -- we may have to check it out next trip up :)

    ReplyDelete