Sunday, July 31, 2011

Florida Day 2 July 29, 2011


I woke up really excited this morning to see the sunrise.  In fact, I woke up too early, then overslept and missed it altogether.  Sounds like something I’d do!  I’ve got one more morning to get it right before I leave Cocoa Beach.

Today I decided to walk down the beach to the Pier and do some shopping.  About halfway there, I realized I forgot two things: my water bottle and my sunscreen.  I was far too worried about having my phone and my keys with me.  I got to the Pier and went in two stores without buying a thing.  I headed up the street to a beach towel place (I was hoping to score a Saints towel).  I decided to try on two sundresses and quickly changed my mind; the dressing room attendant said I needed to leave my purse outside the dressing room.  I’m guessing they’ve had theft problems.  I put my dresses away and quickly left that store. 

Cute sign I saw on my "sunburn" walk

Next, I headed to Ron Jon’s Surf Shop.  I’d only been there once before when I was about 6 years old.  I spent quite a lot of time (and quite a lot of money) in there before heading to Captain J’s for lunch.  I’d seen Captain J’s on my way to the Pier yesterday.  I ate outside on their balcony and had a good view of the ocean. 

Ron Jon's Surf Shop



Captain J
My lack of sunscreen was causing my shoulders to burn, so I headed back to the hotel to charge my phone and take a lil nap.  After my phone and I charged our batteries, I spent three hours on the beach.  I would’ve stayed longer, except I caught sight of my face in the reflection of my phone and saw my super red nose.  When I got back to the hotel, I not only had a red nose, but a red chest & back from where I failed to put on sunscreen earlier in the day.  There went my visions of a nice, dark all-over tan!

Sunburned me on the beach.  I love this picture!

I showered and headed out to do a little more shopping.  After a quick stop at an ice cream place (ice cream is a proper supper food on vacation at the beach, right?), I headed back to the hotel for the night.  I was determined to catch my beach sunrise, one way or another!

No comments:

Post a Comment