Sunday, July 31, 2011

Florida Day 4 July 31, 2011


Day 4 started much earlier than Day 3….4:00am.  I’d pack most of my stuff the night before, so I headed out of the hotel at 4:30 and to Denny’s for some breakfast (it just happened to be right next door to the hotel).  The waitress forgot to give me my yogurt with my meal so she gave me a to-go yogurt.  This was perfect—I had just enough blueberries left over to make myself a tasty snack for the plane.

I took the rental car back to the airport and said goodbye.  I must say that my first experience renting a car was relatively painless.  After I got my luggage, I walked half a mile in the wrong direction before getting to my terminal.  I didn’t have long to wait before they called to board the plane for the trip home.   I was so tired that I nearly slept through take-off, and then couldn’t get back to sleep during the flight.  I was fortunate enough to have a window seat on the ride home, but unfortunate enough to get one on the east side of the plane (the sun was in my eyes so I had to shut the blind).

Orlando Sanford Airport at 5:30am

Goodbye, Kia Rio



We were getting ready to land when the bomb dropped.  Okay, there was literally no bomb; however there was fog in Owensboro so we had to land in Louisville to refuel before flying back to Owensboro.  Two hours after my ETA, we landed and I was able to start the drive home. 

Waiting for luggage at Owenboro

Looking back, I had a very enjoyable trip.  This is the second major trip I’ve taken by myself and I’m proud of the way I don’t have to depend on someone else to go with me, get me around, and to have another set of eyes, ears, and arms to help with directions and carrying things.  I’m glad I went somewhere this summer to relax, and I think the beach was just the place to do that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment